Verification Forms

Dependent and Independent Students

The forms listed here may be required of you before your financial aid can be awarded. Check WINGS under “Financial Aid”, “My Eligibility”, then “Student Requirements” to determine if you are required to submit any of these forms. If you are not sure whether you are dependent or independent, see the table below.

A Student is Independent if he/she meets at least one of the Following Criteria
  • You were born before January 1, 1994.
  • You are married as of the day you sign the FASFA.
  • You are enrolled in a graduate or professional educational program beyond a bachelor’s degree.
  • You have legal dependents other than a spouse for whom you provide at least 50% of the support.
  • You are an orphan or ward of the court.
  • You are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces (“veteran” includes a student who attended a U.S. military academy who was released under a condition other than dishonorable).

Verification Forms not found on WINGS – 2017-2018 Academic Year

**Please Download or Print Forms, Please Do Not Request to Share Forms**

Last updated: 6/30/2017

Financial Aid • PO Box 8065 • Statesboro, Georgia 30460 • (912) 478-5413 •