Helpful Links for Faculty & Staff
These helpful links allow faculty and staff to find relevant academic and registration information.
Attendance Verification Information
Federal regulations require the University to confirm that students are attending class before financial aid will be released to the students. Attendance must be verified for all students regardless of whether or not the student is receiving financial aid. Students will not receive aid for and will be dropped from classes for which attendance is not verified.
The attendance verification is done through Faculty My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu. Faculty must submit attendance verification for each class being taught or supervised by the instructor including directed study, thesis, practicums, and internships. Faculty may view all classes assigned to them through their Faculty WINGS schedule. Faculty may use the Detail Class List or Summary Class List available on Faculty WINGS under the Faculty Services menu for checking the attendance for the students enrolled in their classes. To expedite the attendance verification process, a printable “Attendance Verification Sign-in Sheet” is available in My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu for faculty to print and circulate to their class to sign-in. This document would then be used as the source document for entering the attendance information in the “Attendance Form” which is also available in My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu.
Important: As the faculty member completes “Attendance Verification,” you must click on the “Submit Attendance Verification to Registrar” button on each page of the listing of students. Failure to do so will not complete the submission of attendance information.
If a student is added to your class or a student starts attending after the faculty member submits the attendance information, the instructor may go back to the “Attendance Form” and submit the updated information for that student.
If additional assistance in submitting attendance information is needed, you should contact the Registrar’s Office at 912-478-5152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendance Verification Steps
- Log into My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu using your username and password
- Click on “Click Here to do your Attendance Verification”
- To print a roster, click “Print Roster” next to the correct CRN
- To verify attendance online, click on the CRN
- You can choose to verify all student by clicking the “Mark all as attending” button
- You can click on the drop down menu to change the student to “Attend”, “Did Not Attend”, or “Hold Seat”
- Click “Submit Attendance Verification to Registar” when you are finished
- If you need to leave and come back, you can click the “Save What I Have”
Your verification for that CRN will not be COMPLETED until you have clicked on “Complete Verification”.
Online Attendance Verification Form
Faculty and Staff Class Search
- Log into My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu
- Click on WINGS
- Click on FACULTY SERVICES
- Click on FACULTY AND STAFF CLASS SEARCH
Faculty Midterm Information
Faculty WINGS Grade Submission Information
Grades are due via Faculty WINGS within 48 hours after the last final examination is given for the semester. This time frame includes weekend hours. The only exception to this rule is for instructors with three or more exams on the same day (excluding the last day of exams). Instructors in this situation must contact the Registrar’s Office to make alternate arrangements (912-478-0283 or email@example.com).
The statement “Professor Grade Late” and the grade “NR” (not reported) will be entered if grades are not submitted in time to be processed. After the deadline, an online Grade Change Form will be available in Faculty WINGS the week of grade processing. This is the week after final exams. Once this grace period is over, an official paper “Change of Grade” Form on each student for whom a grade was not reported must be turned into the Registrar’s Office during normal working hours. Late grades may affect graduation or the academic standing of students; therefore, it is extremely important to submit grades on time.
The I (Incomplete) / IP (In Progress) online grade change form is available in Faculty WINGS year round. This online form can be used by professors needing to change “I” and “IP” grades only. This form will ONLY be accepted for I/IP grade changes.
Paper Grade Changes: (Use anytime other than the one week after grade processing.)
Once the week after final exams has passed and the grace period is over, all change of grades at this point must be submitted on a “Change of Grade” form with Dean’s and Chair’s signatures. Please allow 2-3 days upon receipt to process. Late grades may affect graduation or the academic standing of students; therefore, it is extremely important to submit grades on time.
Acquire “Change of Grade” Form from departmental secretary or Registrar’s Office. All forms must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by faculty or staff members.
Instructions For Submitting Grades via Faculty WINGS
- Go to My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu
- Log into your MyGeorgiaSouthern account. (Your Username and password are the same as your Novell/Groupwise Account.)
- If you have problems logging into MyGeorgiaSouthern, call the MyGeorgiaSouthern help desk at 912-478-5429
- Click WINGS under the Service Group tab
- Click on Faculty Services.
- Click on Term Selection.
- Use the pull-down menu to highlight the correct term and click on Submit Term.
- Click on CRN Selection.
- Use the pull-down menu to highlight the correct course to submit grades and click on Submit CRN.
- Click on Final Grades. Use the pull-down menu to assign the correct grade by each student’s name.
- For all students who made a grade of F, please enter the last date the student attended your class in the Last Attend Date column. If the student never attended, enter the first day of classes. If the student attended all term, enter the last day of classes. NOTE: Use the format of MM/DD/YYYY to enter Last Attendance Dates!
- You will continue submitting grades in this manner until you reach record number 25 (unless your roll has fewer than 25 students).
- Click on the Submit Grades button.
- You will then click on the next set of records at the bottom of the screen (26-50, 51-75, etc.) and repeat the process to submit grades until all grades have been entered.
- If you have more than one course, return to the Faculty Services menu by clicking on the menu icon at the top of the web page. Repeat all processes until grades have been submitted for all courses.
- Remember to save your records at least every 15 minutes or you will be timed out of WINGS.
- Make sure you exit WINGS by clicking on the word exit in the top right-hand corner of the page, then click on the X in the top right-hand corner to close your browser.
- You will also need to make sure that you log out of your MyGeorgiaSouthern account.
After you have entered all of your grades and logged out of WINGS, please log back into WINGS, and double check that all grades were recorded correctly. You may print a copy for your records by using the print feature of your browser.
Explanation of Grades in the Grade Column
- W – Student dropped the course on or before the last day to drop without academic penalty *OR* the student never attended the course. ***Please see comment below.
- W/F – Enter either a W or WF grade. If the grade is left as W/F, the Registrar’s Office will assign a WF grade. It is suggested that the grade of W be given if the student is passing at the time of withdrawal.
- WF – If a student withdraws from all classes after the last day to withdraw without academic penalty and is passing, it is recommended that the instructor assign a W. If a student withdraws from all classes after the last day to withdraw without penalty and is failing, it is recommended that the instructor assign a WF. The grade is the prerogative of the instructor unless the student has reached the maximum of five withdrawals. If the student has reached the maximum of five withdrawals, a WF will be assigned by the Office of the Registrar.
- WM – Student withdrew from Georgia Southern University due to Military reasons (Withdrew Military).
- WX – Student was Administratively Withdrawn; however, override the WX and assign a grade. Please remember to put a last attend date if the student earned a grade of “F”.
- A B C D F – Official symbols used in reporting grades in a normal grading scale.
- S U – Official symbols used in reporting grades in a satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading scale.
- I – Incomplete grade; student was doing satisfactory work but was unable to complete the full requirements of the course due to non-academic reasons. An I must be removed by the end of one calendar year following the term in which it was received. Do NOT assign all I grades for an entire class. Justification is required for all “I” grades. You are responsible for keeping a record of all “I” grades assigned and the justification as to why you assigned the student the “I” grade. For auditing purposes, you are responsible for storage of the incomplete grade justification for two years. Upon retirement, resignation, or termination, you should leave the justifications with your department chair.
- IP – This symbol indicates that credit has not been given in courses that require an “IP” continuation of work beyond the term for which the student signed up for the course. The use of this symbol is approved for dissertation and thesis hours and project courses. With the exception of Learning Support courses, this symbol cannot be used for other courses. This symbol cannot be substituted for an “I”. No justification is required for IP grades.
- V or W – Student is auditing a course; a V grade should be given if student attended 75% of the class, or student should receive a grade of W.
***If a student has been assigned a grade of W in WINGS due to the status “Not Attending” and the student completed your course, please assign the student a grade. If the student stopped attending your course before the last day to drop without academic penalty and has the comment “Web Drop Course” or “Drop Course” in the status column by the grade of W – DO NOT CHANGE THE GRADE.
You have the ability to assign grades to students that do not appear on your grade roster for the term. For any student whose name does not appear on the WINGS roster, click on the Email About Grades link at the bottom of the Final Grades page and fill in the boxes. Be sure to choose the option “Student Not On Roll” and put the student’s grade in the Please explain box.
Feel free to contact our office if you have any questions during the submission of grades via WINGS. Please call the Office of the Registrar at 478-0862, 478-0283, or 478-0717.
Limited Withdrawal Policy (LWP) for Advisors
Other Helpful Links
Last updated: 4/24/2018