Family Programs hosts both in person and virtual events throughout the year to keep families and supporters engaged!
Fall Family Weekend will take place on October 14-15, 2022.
Registration is open now within The Eagle Nation Family Connection.
Registration will close on October 3, 2022 at 8am.
About Fall Family Weekend
- The Georgia Southern Eagles will take on James Madison on Saturday, October 15th with a 4:00 p.m. kick-off in Paulson Stadium.
- We are excited to include a Family Fun Run/Walk 5k on Saturday morning! You can add on registration when you purchase your Family Weekend packages!
- Members of the Parent & Family Association (PFA) receive a $5 discount on packages. To join the PFA, click here.
- Refunds: No refunds will be issued. If you are unable to attend the event, your Family Weekend items can be picked up by your student the week after the event.
- We ask that packages be purchased for children 8 and older. Unfortunately, we do not offer youth t-shirt sizes.
- The Pre-Game Tailgate will be rain or shine with seating under the Pavilion and tents.
What’s Included in the Family Weekend Package?
- Fall Family Weekend T-Shirt
- Access to Pre-Game Tailgate & Food/Beverage
- Discount Code for Football Tickets in FFW Sections (additional purchase of tickets is required)
- Access to TBD Friday Night Activities Sponsored by Campus Partners including the Silent Auction
- Additional TBD Fall Family Weekend Branded Items (past items have included a stadium cup, tote bag, koozie)
- PFA Members: Access to Annual Membership Meeting & PFA Branded Gift
Spring Family Weekend will take place in Savannah in March 2023.
More information to come this fall.
MONTHLY FAMILY ZOOMS
- University Housing– University Housing joined our parents & supporters to discuss opportunities for upperclassmen living on campus and the renewal process.
- Financial Aid– Featuring the Office of Financial Aid for a brief presentation and then Q&A with the Assistant Director Blake Mercer as families prepare for paying for college but also submitting the 22-23 FAFSA.
- Academic Success & Support- Join our presenters from the Academic Success Center and TRIO student support services to learn more about how these offices support your students’ overall success. Also in this session you will have the opportunity to learn tips and tricks for how you can be an active success team member in your students journey at Georgia Southern.
- Fraternity & Sorority Life- Join the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life for an opportunity for ongoing engagement with their office and important information regarding the upcoming semesters.
- Academic Advisement & Registration- Join the Office of Advising to learn about the importance of advising, their processes, and important information to know regarding registering for the spring and summer terms.
- Fall 2021 Commencement Ceremonies- Join the Division of Enrollment Management to learn about the Fall 2021 commencement ceremonies for upcoming graduates and supporters.
- Dean of Students & Student Support– Featuring a presentation by the Office of the Dean of Students and Q&A with Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Shay Little and Associate Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Melanie Miller.
- Health & Wellness– Featuring a presentation from the Executive Director of the Counseling Center- Dr. Jodi Caldwell; Director of Student Health & Wellness Promotion- Dr. Gemma Skuraton; and the University Medical Director- Dr. Brian DeLoach.
- Financial Aid– Featuring the Office of Financial Aid for a brief presentation and then Q&A with the Assistant Director Blake Mercer and Associate Director Samantha Hutto.
- Campus & Community Involvement- Featuring the Office of Student Activities and the Office of Leadership & Community Engagement where they presented on ways your student can get involved on and off campus.
- Academic Affairs & Faculty– Featuring Academic Affairs administrators and faculty, there was an open discussion regarding life in the classroom, expectations, tips for supporters, and more!
Last updated: 9/12/2022