Family Programs hosts both in-person and virtual events throughout the year to keep families and supporters engaged!
Fall Family Weekend Registration is Closed. We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend! Stay tuned for Spring Family Weekend info coming soon!
Fall Family Weekend will be held on Sept. 29th and 30th in Statesboro. Families from all three campuses are welcome to attend.
Please sign up for The Eagle Nation Family Connection to be sure that you get all of the updates and announcements regarding Fall Family Weekend.
About Fall Family Weekend
- Fall Family Weekend is open to families of any current Georgia Southern student on ANY of our three campuses. The event is not limited to families from our Statesboro campus.
- Members of the Parent & Family Association (PFA) receive a $5 discount on packages. To join the PFA, click here.
- Refunds: No refunds will be issued. If you are unable to attend the event, your Family Weekend items can be picked up by your student the week after the event.
- We ask that packages be purchased for children 8 and older. Unfortunately, we do not offer youth t-shirt sizes.
- Every effort will be made to hold events rain or shine. Some events may be canceled in the event of severe weather.
What’s Included in the Family Weekend Package?
- Fall Family Weekend T-Shirt
- Access to our Family Weekend Silent Auction, Friday evening Block Party, and Family Pre-Game Tailgate on Saturday
- Additional Fall Family Weekend Branded Items to be determined.
- PFA Members: Access to Annual Membership Meeting & PFA Branded Gift
- Other items will be added as the schedule and details are finalized
- Tickets to the football game against Coastal Carolina will be sold separately and are not included in the purchase of a Family Weekend package. These tickets will go on sale on August 15th. Those purchasing a Fall Family Weekend package will receive a link to purchase football tickets once they go on sale. Parking at the RAC, where the tailgate is located is paid gameday parking. Families may purchase a RAC parking pass with their tickets once available. FREE parking is available at the Russell Student Union. Gameday shuttles are provided to both the Family Weekend Tailgate and Paulson Stadium. Current Georgia Southern students receive free admission to the game within the student section. If families want their students to sit with them in the Family Weekend ticket block, a ticket will need to be purchased for them.
Monthly Family Zooms
- Office of Adult & Online Learning (April 2023)- In this session, Kaitlin Dotson, Associate Director of Adult and Online Learning, shares information for those parents and family members that may be looking to come back to school. She also discusses the services her office provides to all of our Transfer, Adult, and Fully Online student populations.
- Office of Career & Professional Development (March 2023)- This session features McKenzie Peterman, Associate Director of the Office of Career & Professional Development. This session was well received and discussed many of the services provided by OCPD including internships, Ready Day 1, and many of the professional development workshops that are available to your students.
- Academic Advising (February 2023)- Featuring Cate Garcia from the Office of Academic Advising, this session went into detail about the student advising process and how to help your student navigate that process.
- Student Support Services (January 2023)- This session featured our Dean of Student’s Office, Counseling Center, and the Student Accessibility Resource Center who all shared information on many of the support services we provide to students to ensure they have the help they need while here at Georgia Southern
- Financial Aid (November 2022)- This session featured the Office of Financial Aid presenting on to prepare for paying for college and completing the 23-24 FAFSA.
- University Housing– University Housing joined our parents & supporters to discuss opportunities for upperclassmen living on campus and the renewal process.
- Financial Aid– Featuring the Office of Financial Aid for a brief presentation and then Q&A with the Assistant Director Blake Mercer as families prepare for paying for college but also submitting the 22-23 FAFSA.
- Academic Success & Support- Join our presenters from the Academic Success Center and TRIO student support services to learn more about how these offices support your students’ overall success. Also in this session you will have the opportunity to learn tips and tricks for how you can be an active success team member in your students journey at Georgia Southern.
- Fraternity & Sorority Life- Join the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life for an opportunity for ongoing engagement with their office and important information regarding the upcoming semesters.
- Academic Advisement & Registration- Join the Office of Advising to learn about the importance of advising, their processes, and important information to know regarding registering for the spring and summer terms.
- Fall 2021 Commencement Ceremonies- Join the Division of Enrollment Management to learn about the Fall 2021 commencement ceremonies for upcoming graduates and supporters.
Last updated: 9/25/2023