Parent & Family Association
The Parent & Family Association is a dues-paying organization for parent, family members, and supporters of current Georgia Southern students. Contributions and membership dues finance the Parent & Family Association, covering membership benefits, scholarship awards, university sponsorships, and other expenses approved by the Family Council.
Mission of the Parent & Family Association
- Encourage mutual understanding and to facilitate communication between parents/families and the University.
- Sponsor programs and services that meet the needs of parents and involve parents/families in the life of the University community.
- Promote the development of the University and its students by supporting the Parents Fund and Georgia Southern Foundation.
- Contribute to student persistence and academic success by promoting institutional loyalty in the entire family.
Why Join the PFA?
- Parent & Family Association Scholarships – The scholarship application is available only to students of Association members.
- Local & National Discounts – These include the University Store (non-textbook items), the Dining Commons, local restaurants, and hotel and car rental companies.
- Family Weekend Discounts – There are discounts for all family events. This will be automatically applied when you register within The Eagle Nation Family Connection as long as you are logged into the platform with your member account/email.
- Family Wall Calendar – This full-color calendar contains important Georgia Southern dates and beautiful imagery.
- A Special Community within The Eagle Nation Family Connection – Information and announcements for members will be pushed out through our family portal within your PFA Community.
Contributions and membership dues finance the Parent & Family Association, covering membership benefits, scholarship awards, university sponsorships, and any other expenses approved by the Parent Council. A general membership meeting is held twice a year at each of our family weekends.
- One Year (per email address): $35
- Four Years (per email address): $125
The Eagle Nation Family Connection
The Eagle Nation Family Connection is your hub for Parent & Family Association news! All new members are automatically added to the PFA Community, allowing you to receive information directly from the Association and Council!
The Family Council is an active group of volunteers responsible for advising on Parent & Family Association programs and allocation of dues and donations revenue. They work closely with University administrators. We are always looking for enthusiastic family members to join the council and make a difference at Georgia Southern University!
- Council members participate in the regularly scheduled monthly teleconference meetings.
- Council members attend the Fall and Spring face-to-face council meetings at family weekend events.
- Council members volunteer at Georgia Southern events such as Operation Move‐In, Family Weekends, Admissions Recruitment Eagle Previews and Information Nights, and Admissions scholarship events.
- Council members volunteer at summer SOAR (orientation) sessions.
Proposed PFA Bylaw Changes
The Family Council has proposed several changes to the Parent & Family Association Bylaws. Proposed changes can be viewed below. These will be voted on at the fall membership meeting held on Saturday, October 15th in conjuction with Fall Family Weekend on the Statesboro Campus.
Last updated: 9/14/2022