Financial Literacy & Default Management
The Georgia Southern University Office of Financial Literacy, within the Department of Financial Aid, provides personal financial and money management education to students. In addition to seminars and presentations, we provide confidential individual financial consultations and planning services. All of our outreach and coaching services are offered at no cost to students at all Georgia Southern campuses. If you would like to schedule an appointment or presentation, click here.
Within our department, you can:
- Schedule personal and confidential coaching sessions with trained professionals or peer mentors.
- Learn how to plan, track and review income, savings and expenses.
- Learn how to establish and manage credit.
- Create a financial survival plan for college.
- Understand credit reports and scores.
- Plan for tuition and fee payments.
- Research housing options.
- Create repayment plans for student loans and personal debt.
- Plan for expenses and living costs after college.
- Learn how to live without your parents’ money and financial support.
- Analyze job offers and benefits packages.
There are certain services we cannot provide:
- Bankruptcy counseling
- Mortgage and refinancing counseling
- Investment advice
- Contacting creditors
- Selection of financial institutions
- Selection of financial planning services
- Retirement planning
- Tax advice and filling assistance
Last updated: 1/9/2019