Skip to main content

Special Awards – Transfer Students

Helpful Tips

  • Contact your current school and have all remaining financial aid canceled.
  • Meet with your academic advisor to ensure you have met all transfer requirements.
  • Update your current year FAFSA to include Georgia Southern University’s federal school code, 001572.
  • Contact your financial aid counselor to see if additional information is required to complete your award.
  • If you need a Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS), your parent applicant must complete a separate PLUS application.
  • Georgia Southern University participates in the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program. Student loans are awarded if you indicated you were interested in receiving student loans.
  • Loans received at your current school during the same academic year will be considered in reviewing your eligibility for additional loans in the same academic year. Students are prohibited from receiving more than their annual loan limit during an academic year, regardless of transfer.
  • Check with your current lender(s) to find out if you need to complete an in-school deferment form. Enrollment certification can be printed from your account.
  • Familiarize yourself with our website so you have access to important dates and deadlines.

HOPE Scholarship (for Georgia residents only)

If you are receiving the HOPE Scholarship at your current institution and wish to be evaluated for HOPE at Georgia Southern University, you must do the following:

  • Request that an academic transcript from your previous institution(s) be sent to our Admissions Office. If you are currently enrolled, the transcript must also include the current semester or quarter. This could cause a delay in your HOPE award. All attempted hours in a degree program must be received and posted in Admissions before your status can be reviewed.
  • Add Georgia Southern University’s federal school code to your current FAFSA.

Last updated: 11/10/2020