Here you will find important information about maintaining your F-1 status, how to deal with academic issues and taking a leave of absence. We also provide information on how to file your taxes, how to get a social security card, employment and OPT/CPT programs.
Remember that all requests need to be submitted through the ISAP portal, which you can find in your my.georgiasouthern.edu webpage or at the link below:
Helpful Tips for Using the ISAP Portal
- Detailed log in instructions
- Only click on the request on the site home page one time.
- Every time you click on the request, it opens a new request which means you have to duplicate entry and have to re-enter the same information. This delays processing.
- When working on requests, you can save it even if you have not completed it, and return to the request later. Once the request is complete, click on Submit.
- Once you’ve finished the entire request, be sure to click on Submit. If you do not click the Submit button your request will not be sent to ISAP.
F-1 Requests Available in the ISAP Portal
- Change of Level Request
- Change of Status Request
- Concurrent Enrollment Form
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Request
- Document Upload Form
- I-20 Deferral Request
- I-20 Request
- I-20 Reprint Request (under “One Steps”)
- Late Arrival Request
- New Dependent I-20 Request
- New International Student Check-In
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) I-20 Request
- OPT Employment Update Request
- Program Extension Request
- Reduced Course Load (RCL) Request
- Severe Economic Hardship Request
- SEVIS Status Verification Form Request (under “One Steps”)
- SEVIS Transfer Out Request
- SEVIS Reinstatement Request
- Social Security Number Letter Request (under “One Steps”)
- STEM 180-Day Extension Letter Request (under “One Steps”)
- STEM Extension I-20 Request
- STEM OPT Participation Report Request
- Travel Form
Last updated: 10/24/2022