Here you will find important information about maintaining your F-1 status, how to deal with academic issues and taking a leave of absence. We also provide information on how to file your taxes, how to get a social security card, employment and OPT/CPT programs.
Remember that all requests need to be submitted through the ISAP portal, which you can find in your my.georgiasouthern.edu portal or at the link below:
Helpful Tips for Using the ISAP Portal
- Detailed log in instructions
- If prompted to choose if you are logging in as a User, Administrator, or Reviewer, choose User if you are a student.
- Only click on the request on the site home page one time.
- Every time you click on the request, it opens a new request which means you have to duplicate entry and have to re-enter the same information. This delays processing.
- When working on questionnaires, you can save them to return to them later. Once the questionnaire is complete, click on Submit.
- If you need to return to a request, login, and navigate to your User Records.
- Once you’ve finished the entire request, be sure to click on Submit at the top of the request. When you see the green success bar, that will let you know that your request was successfully submitted.
F-1 Requests Available in the ISAP Portal
- Change of Level Request
- Change of Status Request
- Concurrent Enrollment Form
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Request
- Document Upload Form
- I-20 Deferral Request
- I-20 Request
- I-20 Reprint Request (under “One Steps”)
- Late Arrival Request
- New Dependent I-20 Request
- New International Student Check-In
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) I-20 Request
- OPT Employment Update Request
- Program Extension Request
- Reduced Course Load (RCL) Request
- Severe Economic Hardship Request
- SEVIS Status Verification Form Request (under “One Steps”)
- SEVIS Transfer Out Request
- SEVIS Reinstatement Request
- Social Security Number Letter Request (under “One Steps”)
- STEM 180-Day Extension Letter Request (under “One Steps”)
- STEM Extension I-20 Request
- STEM OPT Participation Report Request
- Travel Form
Last updated: 2/2/2022