International Friends Mentoring Program
What is it?
The International Friends Mentor Program (IFMP) connects incoming international students with current Armstrong campus students. Mentors help their mentees adjust to American culture and life at Armstrong campus. It works around your schedule: Just check in on your mentee once a week and meet up and hang out together once a month for the semester. IFMP is a part of the International Student Organization. Its members will automatically be considered active members in ISO and receive the same perks!
Sign up for mentors for Summer-Fall 2021 is open!
MENTORS: Current American, Domestic, and International Students
- Before your mentee arrives, answer questions about Armstrong and Savannah.
- During the semester, hang out with your mentee, offer support, and make new friends.
- Armstrong campus student for 1 semester, minimum 2.5 GPA
MENTEES: New International Students
- Before you arrive, connect with your mentor to learn about him/her, Armstrong campus, and living in Savannah.
- During the semester, hang out with your mentor, get support, and make new friends.
Past Participants Said:“My mentee is wonderful! She is adjusting pretty well and has even said she wants to see me more if my schedule allows.”“I gained a new best friend from another country and culture.”
Last updated: 1/22/2021