You answered the call to serve, now reward yourself by advancing your second career through education. Georgia Southern is a military-friendly university, placing high value on your military experience. Our Military Resource Center keeps you in touch with fellow vets, and our veteran affairs specialist will help you make the most of your VA benefits.
Begin the application process by following the steps on our Admissions Checklist. In addition to the action items on the checklist, complete the applicable out-of-state tuition and student fee waivers to include in your application.
- Out-of-State Tuition Waiver – Active Duty
- Out-of-State Tuition Waiver – Active Guard and Reserve
- Mandatory Student Fee Waiver – All Active Duty
While gaining admission to the university, students should contact the School Certifying Official (SCO) to begin the process of applying for VA or benefits. The following documents should be presented to the SCO when applying for VA benefits:
- Certificate of Eligibility
- DD-214 or have Official Military Transcript sent (if applicable)
- Please see the Certifying Official to request an evaluation of your CCAF Transcript or Joint Service Transcript to determine if additional credits can be approved for your military training, education, and experience
Last updated: 4/9/2020