Skip to main content

DegreeWorks for Faculty & Staff

DegreeWorks is a web-based program that provides easy access for advisors and students to track courses completed and plan for those still needed in preparation for registration and graduation. (Note:  DegreeWorks can be helpful, but please consult your Academic Advisor if you have any questions concerning courses needed for registration and/or graduation.)

Can changes be made to my DegreeWorks audit?

It is possible that changes need to be made to your DegreeWorks audit, so you will need to work with your academic advisor to see what courses appropriately place into your program of study.  These adjustments will require approval from academic areas that your advisor will help you obtain.  It is also possible that changes cannot be requested or processed if they are not needed for your program of study.

How can I get help interpreting my audit?

Please contact your academic advisor for an explanation of your degree audit.  They will be able to explain why courses are placing where they are and help make adjustments if needed.

Are quarter courses included on the audit?

You may find that not all quarter credit show in your DegreeWorks audit.  This does not mean that courses will not apply to your program of study.  However, you will need to work with your advisor to know which of your courses do and do not place toward your program of study.  When it comes time for graduation, your academic advisor will work with the Registrar’s Office to use the courses to award your degree.

If I run a What-if Analysis will that change my major?

No. You must complete a change of major form in your MyGeorgiaSouthern portal for you major to officially change.

What should I do if I am expecting to graduate and my audit is not showing all areas as complete or in progress?

If your audit is not showing all areas complete or in progress, please contact your academic advisor and review with them.  If needed, they will submit forms for necessary adjustments.

Why are some of my courses showing in two areas?

If you see courses placing in two different areas of your audit, please contact your academic advisor for an explanation.

What should I do if a repeated course is counting more than once on my evaluation and it is not split credit?

If a course has been repeated, the last course taken will appear in the audit.  If your audit is showing more than one of the same course, please contact your academic advisor and make them aware of the situation.  They will contact the Registrar’s Office to make sure the error is corrected.  It is important that any errors you notice on your audit be corrected as soon as possible, so that you and your advisor will have the correct information to assist in progressing in your program of study correctly.

Last updated: 6/17/2020