WINGS – Faculty Services
View below for information related to Faculty WINGS, FERPA, and Distance Education and Technology Reporting (DETR).
Please read the FERPA Policy below, then select the Request WINGS Account link to submit a WINGS account request. You must agree to the FERPA guidelines before gaining access to WINGS.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
When WINGS access has been granted, login to My.GeorgiaSouthern using your username and password. If you have not yet begun the process of requesting access to MyGeorgiaSouthern, please use the following link to do so: Faculty/Staff My.GeorgiaSouthern Account.
Faculty WINGS Grade Submission
Grades are due via Faculty WINGS within 48 hours after the last final examination is given for the semester. This time frame includes weekend hours.
The statement “Professor Grade Late” and the grade “NR” (not reported) will be entered if grades are not submitted in time to be processed. After the deadline, an online Faculty Grade Change Form will be available in Faculty WINGS for late grade submissions. Late grades may affect graduation or the academic standing of students. Therefore, it is extremely important to submit grades on time.
Any grade change that needs to be processed for grades that are an academic year old or less must be submitted via the online Faculty Grade Change form in Faculty Wings. This electronic form will be routed to Department Chairs and Deans for electronic approval for grade-to-grade changes. Incomplete (I) and In Progress (IP) grade changes will not require these approvals for a student record/grade change update. Grade changes over a year old will require approval from the Office of the Provost before being processed by the Registrar’s Office. Submission of these types of grade changes need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu
- Log into your MyGeorgiaSouthern account.
- Click on Faculty & Advisors link under the WINGS channel.
- Click on Faculty Grade Entry.
- Click on the course that you need to input grades.
- Use the pull-down menu to assign the correct grade by each student’s name.
- NOTE 1: For all students who made a grade of F, please enter the last date the student attended your class in the Last Attend Date column. If the student never attended, enter the first day of classes. If the student attended all term, enter the last day of classes. (Hint: Use the format of MM/DD/YYYY to enter Last Attend Dates!)
- NOTE 2: For all students who have a grade of W, WF, WM, or V already entered, do not change the grade.
- You will continue submitting grades in this manner until you have submitted all grades on your roster.
- NOTE 3: The default count is 25 per page, but it can be increased.
- After all grades have been entered, click on the Save button in the bottom right corner.
- If you have more than one course, click on the next course listing above and repeat all processes until grades have been submitted for all courses.
- Remember to save your records at least every 15 minutes or you will be timed out of WINGS.
- Make sure you log out of WINGS after you have successfully submitted your final grades.
- You will also need to make sure that you log out of your MyGeorgiaSouthern account.
- W – Student dropped the course on or before the last day to drop without academic penalty *OR* the student never attended the course. ***Please see comment below.
- W/F – Enter either a W or WF grade. If the grade is left as W/F, the Registrar’s Office will assign a WF grade. It is suggested that the grade of W be given if the student is passing at the time of withdrawal.
- WF – If a student withdraws from all classes after the last day to withdraw without academic penalty and is passing, it is recommended that the instructor assign a W. If a student withdraws from all classes after the last day to withdraw without penalty and is failing, it is recommended that the instructor assign a WF. The grade is the prerogative of the instructor unless the student has reached the maximum of five withdrawals. If the student has reached the maximum of five withdrawals, a WF will be assigned by the Office of the Registrar.
- WM – Student withdrew from Georgia Southern University due to Military reasons (Withdrew Military).
- WX – Student was Administratively Withdrawn; however, override the WX and assign a grade. Please remember to put a last attend date if the student earned a grade of “F”.
- A B C D F – Official symbols used in reporting grades in a normal grading scale.
- S U – Official symbols used in reporting grades in a satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading scale.
- I – Incomplete grade; student was doing satisfactory work but was unable to complete the full requirements of the course due to non-academic reasons. An I must be removed by the end of one calendar year following the term in which it was received. Do NOT assign all I grades for an entire class. Justification is required for all “I” grades. You are responsible for keeping a record of all “I” grades assigned and the justification as to why you assigned the student the “I” grade. For auditing purposes, you are responsible for storage of the incomplete grade justification for two years. Upon retirement, resignation, or termination, you should leave the justifications with your department chair.
- IP – This symbol indicates that credit has not been given in courses that require an “IP” continuation of work beyond the term for which the student signed up for the course. The use of this symbol is approved for dissertation and thesis hours and project courses. With the exception of Learning Support courses, this symbol cannot be used for other courses. This symbol cannot be substituted for an “I”. No justification is required for IP grades.
- V or W – Student is auditing a course; a V grade should be given if student attended 75% of the class, or student should receive a grade of W.
- ***If a student has been assigned a grade of W in WINGS due to the status “Not Attending” and the student completed your course, please assign the student a grade. If the student stopped attending your course before the last day to drop without academic penalty and has the comment “Web Drop Course” or “Drop Course” in the status column by the grade of W – DO NOT CHANGE THE GRADE.
- You have the ability to assign grades to students that do not appear on your grade roster for the term. For any student whose name does not appear on the WINGS roster, click on the Email About Grades link at the bottom of the Final Grades page and fill in the boxes. Be sure to choose the option “Student Not On Roll” and put the student’s grade in the Please explain box.
Last updated: 2/17/2023