View below for information and videos related to Faculty WINGS, DegreeWorks, FERPA, and Distance Education and Technology Reporting (DETR).
WINGS Training Videos
The following videos will guide you through important areas of the product. Once complete, you will need to request a WINGS account using the link located below the video.
You must complete the WINGS training videos and agree to the FERPA guidelines before obtaining WINGS access.
Login to My.GeorgiaSouthern using your username and password. If you have not yet begun the process of requesting access, please use the following link to do so: Faculty/Staff My.GeorgiaSouthern Account
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Distance Education and Technology Reporting
Reporting here will be reflected in the University Schedule of Classes, Board of Regents’ Reporting, the Georgia On My Line Website, and for numerous surveys.
- Entirely at a Distance — All of the class sessions are delivered 100% through distance education technology. No visits to campus or designated site are required. (NOTE: Technology is defined as the use of FOLIO or Internet.)
- Technology Enhanced — All of the class sessions are delivered by face-to-face instruction; however, instruction is enhanced by the use of technology. (NOTE: Technology is defined as the use of FOLIO or Internet.)
- Fully at a Distance — All of the class sessions are delivered via distance education technology. The course may require that students travel to campus or other designated site to attend an orientation, to take an exam, or participate in other on-site experience. (NOTE: This is generally equivalent to delivering more than 95 percent of the sessions via technology.)
- Partially at a Distance — Technology is used to deliver more than 50% of class sessions, but visits to a classroom (or similar site ) are required. (NOTE: If a course is offered through two-way interactive video, then it should be coded partially at a distance because students must meet at a designated location.)
- Hybrid — Technology is used to deliver 50% or less of class session. At least half of the class sessions meet in a classroom or at a designated instructional site.
- None — All of the class sessions are delivered by face-to-face instruction; however, instruction is not enhanced by distance education technology.
- Internet, GaView, Webpages are used to deliver instruction.
- Two Way Interactive Video — Instruction delivered through video conferencing.
- Other — A single means of delivery not defined by another code.
- None — No technology is used in delivering instruction.
Last updated: 6/24/2021